Here is a letter we will be emailing to all of our guests staying with us this summer!
Dear Peyer’s Paradise Guests,
Our family’s commitment to providing a safe and clean environment for families to travel to has never been higher. Our phones have been ringing off the hook as we hear from our regular guests and new ones. We realize everyone needs their time in the woods and at the lake even more now. We are determined to continue to provide a special place for everyone, even during COVID 19. We have made many changes to adjust to this crisis and are following the state’s health and safety directive for lodging.
If you are on the fence about coming, we ask that you remember we are a small business counting on your support. We recognize the trust you place in us with every reservation and want you to know that we are making the same commitment back to you in providing a safe, fun place to get away. We take this pledge very seriously. Our added cleaning and safety procedures may be viewed below. And, to balance these extraordinary times with the safety of your family, our amended Cancellation Policy may also be read below.
We hope that this is just common sense for everyone, but feel the need to say the following:
If you are showing symptoms of the virus, please stay home!!! We will hold your deposit for the following summer!
As we head into the summer season, we have made the following adjustments:
Cleaning Procedures at the Resort
Cleaning and sanitizing cabins for the safety of our guests and cleaning crew is our top priority. Here are a few of the things we are doing and things you need to be aware of:
- Check in will be at 4:00pm now, instead of 2:00pm. We will be using those extra 2 hours to make sure that each and every cabin is clean and sterilized thoroughly.
- We acquired a hospital-grade disinfectant that we will be misting around the cabin on the furniture, doors and floors before our cleaning crew goes into the cabins.
- Mattresses and pillows will be misted with this disinfectant as well. We will then provide clean mattress pad covers for the beds, as well as pillows and clean pillow covers. We ask guests to bring their own sheets, pillowcases, blankets, and bedspreads. Also, feel free to bring your own pillows if preferred.
- Remember to bring along all essentials, like spices, salt and pepper, coffee filters and dish/hand soap. We are no longer permitted to leave these items in the cabin.
- Bring along your kitchen and bathroom towels, as usual, along with oven mitts/potholders as we will not have those for you in the cabins.
- We will be sanitizing the silverware when we clean the kitchen. However, time restraints do not allow us to sanitize all the dishware, pots and pans. A gallon of bleach will be provided in each cabin for guests to sanitize these items, should you wish.
- We will be asking guests to remove the pillow covers and mattress pad covers and leave them in a kitchen garbage bag on the step of your cabin when you leave.
- Most of our activities are outside. We ask that all guests respect the space of others, keeping a six-foot social distance between groups.
- Our beach area will be open, with the six-foot distance required between groups. We ask that the sand beach seating be prioritized to families with young children who want to play in the sand. We will also provide bleach spray at the beach for guests to use to spray chairs, paddles, boats, etc.
PEYER’S PARADISE AMENDED PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
We know that flexibility is what our guests are looking for right now. Guided by our goal of having our guests put their own health and well-being first, we are temporarily amending our cancellation policy to the following:
- Last-minute sickness: If you or someone in your household gets sick with COVID-19 symptoms before your stay at Peyer’s (up until the day of arrival), we want you and your family to take care of yourselves and quarantine. Family first! If this occurs, contact us to roll your deposit for the same cabin/week to next summer.
- Cancelling your stay: If you DO decide you need to cancel your stay for whatever reason, please contact us as far in advance as possible. We are asking guests to keep their deposit with the resort for their next stay.
- Payments: We prefer that you pay your balance and deposits for future stays through VENMO or PAYPAL. (Our contact information will be provided in each cabin.) We will still accept cash & personal checks.
Email us if you have any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope these changes keep everyone safe and ready to enjoy their special time at the lake without worry. Until we see you next, if you have any questions or concerns, we are only a phone call or email away.
Randy & Jodi Peyer